The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospital comprises 15 units packaged as: 7 core units PLUS 8 elective units. CCEB will offer the following core and elective units
Certificate III in Hospitality
Cairns Vocational Course
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- Further Studies
- This course is delivered 20 weeks + 4 weeks of QLD school holidays.
- Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study.
For VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- Course scheduled days: Monday & Tuesday (full day: 8am-4pm) and Wednesday (half day: 8am-1pm).
It is subject to change. A Timetable will be given to students during Induction.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only.
The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality comprises 15 units packaged as: 7 core units plus 8 elective units. Students must successfully complete the following units:
|BSBWOR203||Work effectively with others|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITHFAB001||Clean and tidy bar areas|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
IELTS 4.0 – 4.5
Completion of CCEB Intermediate level
B1 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
Students are required to complete 60 hours of unpaid placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
During your course, you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. CCEB may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Tuition Fee: $4,250
Materials Fee: $100
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 25 January
- 19 April
- 12 July
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 18 April
- 11 July
- 3 October
- Guest Service Agent
- Senior Bar Attendant
- Restaurant Host
- Food and Beverage Attendant
- Function Attendant
- Function Host
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.