The SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism comprises 15 units packaged as: 4 core units PLUS 11 elective units.
SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism
Cairns Vocational Course
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- Further Studies
- This course is delivered 20 tuition weeks + term breaks
- Classes are rostered for 3 days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study for VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only.
The SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism comprises 15 units packaged as:
4 core units plus 11 elective units.
Students must successfully complete the following units:
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXCCS006||Provide service to customers|
|SITXCOM002||Show social and cultural sensitivity|
|SITXWHS001||Participate in safe work practices|
|SITTTSL001||Operate online information systems|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITXCOM001||Source and present information|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITXCCS001||Provide customer information and assistance|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
|SITXCCS003||Interact with customers|
|SITXFIN001||Process financial transactions|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXFSA002||Participate in safe food handling practices|
Course Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Australian Year 11 or equivalent at minimum
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Intermediate level
B1 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicants completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while applicants held a student visa
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
You are required to complete 60 hours of vocational placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Tuition Fee: $4,250
Materials Fee: $150
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 19 April
- 11 July
- 4 October
- Visitor Information Officer
- Marine Tourism Assistant
- Inbound Tour Coordinator
- Cellar Door Salesperson and Guide
- Reservations Sales Agent
On completion of SIT30116 Certificate III in Tourism, students may pursue the Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management at CCEB or other CRICOS registered training organisations.
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.