The SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospital comprises 15 units packaged as: 7 core units PLUS 8 elective units. CCEB will offer the following core and elective units
Certificate IV in Hospitality
Cairns Vocational Course
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- Further Studies
- This course is delivered 40 weeks + 12 weeks of QLD school holidays.
- Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study.
For VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- Course scheduled days: Wednesday (half day: 8am-1pm) and Thursday & Friday (full day: 8am-4pm).
It is subject to change. A timetable will be given to students during Induction.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only.
The SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality comprises 21 units packaged as: 9 core units plus 12 elective units. Students must successfully complete the following units:
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITHIND004||Work effectively in hospitality service|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXHRM001||Coach others in job skills|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITHFAB001||Clean and tidy bar areas|
|SITHFAB002||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHFAB003||Operate a bar|
|SITHFAB004||Prepare and serve non-alcoholic beverages|
|SITHFAB005||Prepare and serve espresso coffee|
|SITHIND001||Use hygienic practice for hospitality service|
|SITHIND002||Source and use information on the hospitality industry|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFSA001||Use hygienic practices for food safety|
|SITXWHS002||Identify hazards, assess and control safety risks|
Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Upper-Intermediate level
B2 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
You are required to complete 60 hours of unpaid placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
During your course, you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. CCEB may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Tuition Fee: $8,500
Materials Fee: $200
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 25 January
- 19 April
- 12 July
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 18 April
- 11 July
- 3 October
- Bar Supervisor
- Team Leader
- Food and Beverage Supervisor
- Front Office Supervisor
- House Keeping Supervisor
- Shift Manager
On completion of SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality, students may pursue the Diploma of Hospitality Management at CCEB or other CRICOS registered training organisations.
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.