The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services comprises 16 units packaged as: 8 core units PLUS 8 elective units.
CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services (CRICOS104831G)
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- This course is delivered over 40 tuition weeks + term breaks.
- Classes are rostered for 3 days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study for VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only
The CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services comprises 16 units packaged as: 8 core units PLUS 8 elective units. CCEB will offer the following core and elective units:
|CHCCCS007||Develop and implement service programs|
|Core CHCCCS007||Develop and implement service programs|
|CHCCOM003||Develop workplace communication strategies|
|CHCDEV002||Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services|
|CHCDIV003||Manage and promote diversity|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCMGT005||Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|CHCADV005||Provide systems advocacy services|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCAOD004||Provide alcohol and other drug withdrawal services|
|CHCCCS009||Facilitate responsible behaviour|
|CHCMGT003||Lead the work team|
|CHCDIS008||Facilitate community participation and social inclusion|
|CHCGRP002||Plan and conduct group activities|
Course Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Certificate IV in related field
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Upper Intermediate level
B2 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicants completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while applicants held a student visa
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
Students are required to complete 120 hours of vocational placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Applicants will be made aware of the legal obligations CCEB is under to ensure that students can only be placed when they have successfully completed a Federal Police Check and the Working with Children Check (Blue Card application). Also depending on the work placement organisation which accepts students, there may be a request that students undertake the influenza vaccination and additional vaccinations to protect students, residents, clients, and their staff from contracting communicable illnesses. Students will be advised about this by the organisation. Any additional fees are at students own cost.
This will be processed and only once a satisfactory response is received will participants be allowed to commence their work placement.
Tuition Fee: $9,500
Materials Fee: $250
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 19 April
- 11 July
- 4 October
- Aged Care Worker
- Respite Care Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Disability Services Worker
- Direct Care Worker
- Home Help Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Support Worker
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.