Students will further develop their skills and knowledge to become professional and competent chefs while also developing excellent communication and leadership skills. Main areas of focus include customer service, budgeting, financial management, inventory control and operational planning.
SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery Strand)
Commercial Cookery Strand
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- This course is delivered over 40 tuition weeks + term breaks
- Classes are rostered for 3 days per week + self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study for VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, practical commercial cookery training in a commercial kitchen, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work and research, and independent learning with academic support resources available.
- Academic support resources is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- A maximum 4-hour practical commercial cookery training in a commercial kitchen will be arranged as required. Please refer to the course timetable. It is subject to change.
One on one student support is available by appointment only.
A range of a assessments are employed for this training program and the type of assessment is dependent on the nature of the unit of competency. Assessments include demonstrations, observations, projects, presentations, knowledge tests, reports and interviews
The SIT50422 Diploma of Hospitality Management (Commercial Cookery Strand) comprises 28 units packaged as 11 core units plus 17 elective units. Students must successfully complete the following units:
|SITXCCS015||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS016||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN009||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFIN010||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXGLC002||Identify and manage legal risks and comply with law|
|SITXHRM009||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT004||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT005||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS007||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|SITHACS009||Clean premises and equipment|
|SITHASC021||Prepare Asian appetisers and snacks|
|SITHCCC043||Work effectively as a cook|
|SITHCCC027||Prepare dishes using basic methods of cookery|
|SITHCCC028||Prepare appetisers and salads|
|SITHCCC038||Produce and serve food for buffets|
|SITHCCC040||Prepare and serve cheese|
|SITHCCC042||Prepare food to meet special dietary requirements|
|SITHFAB021||Provide responsible service of alcohol|
|SITHIND005||Use hygienic practices for hospitality service|
|SITHKOP014||Plan catering for events or functions|
|SITHKOP015||Design and cost menus|
|SITTTVL001||Access and interpret product information|
Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18.
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet.
- Prerequisite completed both SIT30821 Certificate III in Commercial Cookery and SIT40521 Certificate IV in Kitchen Management.
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Upper-Intermediate level
B2 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicants completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while applicants held a student visa
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
You are required to complete 120 hours of vocational placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Tuition Fee: $9,500
Materials Fee: $650
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
|· 22 January||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 8/12/23)|
|· 15 April||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 15/03/24)|
|· 8 July||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 7/06/24)|
|· 30 September||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 30/08/24)|
|· 28 January||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 6/12/24)|
|· 22 April||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 22/03/25)|
|· 14 July||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 13/06/25)|
|· 7 October||(completed enrolments must be submitted by 6/09/25)|
- Chef de Cuisine
- Kitchen Manager
- Restaurant Manager / Owner
- Sous Chef
- Unit Manager (catering operations)
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.