The SIT50116 Diploma of Travel And Tourism Management comprises 23 units packaged as: 12 core units PLUS 11 elective units. CCEB will offer the following core and elective units
Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Cairns Vocational Course
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- This course is delivered 40 weeks + 12 weeks of QLD school holidays.
- Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study.
For VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- Course scheduled days: Wednesday (half day: 8am-1pm) and Thursday & Friday (full day: 8am-4pm).
It is subject to change. A timetable will be given to students during Induction.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only.
The SIT50116 Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management comprises 23 units packaged as:
12 core units plus 11 elective units.
Students must successfully complete the following units:
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|SITTPPD001||Package tourism products|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Upper-Intermediate level
B2 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
You are required to complete 120 hours of unpaid placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
During your course, you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. CCEB may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Tuition Fee: $8,500
Materials Fee: $200
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 25 January
- 19 April
- 12 July
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 18 April
- 11 July
- 3 October
- Travel Agency Manager
- Sales Manager
- Visitor Information Centre Manager
- Incentives Manager
- Tour Operations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Reservations Manager
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.