This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of tourism or travel skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate travel or tourism operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others, and make a range of operational business decisions.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in many travel and tourism industry sectors as a departmental or small business manager. The diversity of employers includes travel agencies, tour wholesalers, tour operators, inbound tour operators, tourist attractions, visitor information centres, and other tourism businesses.
SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management
Cairns Vocational Course
SIT50116 Diploma of Travel and Tourism Management (CRICOS 093027G)
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- This course is delivered over 40 tuition weeks + term breaks
- Classes are rostered for 3 days per week + self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study for VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work and research, and independent learning with academic support resources available.
- Academic support resources is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
One on one student support is available by appointment only.
A range of a assessments are employed for this training program and the type of assessment is dependent on the nature of the unit of competency. Assessments include demonstrations, observations, projects, presentations, knowledge tests, reports and interviews
The SIT50116 Diploma of Travel & Tourism Management comprises 23 units packaged as:
12 core units plus 11 elective units.
Students must successfully complete the following units:
|BSBDIV501||Manage diversity in the workplace|
|SITTIND001||Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry|
|SITXCCS007||Enhance customer service experiences|
|SITXCCS008||Develop and manage quality customer service practices|
|SITXFIN002||Interpret financial information|
|SITXFIN003||Manage finances within a budget|
|SITXFIN004||Prepare and monitor budgets|
|SITXHRM003||Lead and manage people|
|SITXMGT001||Monitor work operations|
|SITXMGT002||Establish and conduct business relationships|
|SITXWHS003||Implement and monitor work health and safety practices|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
|SITTPPD001||Package tourism products|
|SITTTSL002||Access and interpret product information|
|SITTTSL003||Provide advice on international destinations|
|SITTTSL004||Provide advice on Australian destinations|
|SITTTSL005||Sell tourism products and services|
|SITXCCS002||Provide visitor information|
|SITXHRM004||Recruit, select and induct staff|
Course Entry Requirements
- Successful completion of Certificate III in a related field or two years equivalent full-time relevant workplace experience
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
completion of CCEB Upper-Intermediate level
B2 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
In the 2 years before applying for the student visa, applicants completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while applicants held a student visa
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
You are required to complete 120 hours of vocational placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Tuition Fee: $8,500
Materials Fee: $250
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 23 January
- 17 April
- 10 July
- 3 October
- Travel Agency Manager
- Sales Manager
- Visitor Information Centre Manager
- Incentives Manager
- Tour Operations Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Reservations Manager
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.