The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support comprises 13 units packaged as 7 core units PLUS 6 elective units.
Certificate III in Individual Support
- Course Duration
- Study Modes
- Course Content
- Course Entry Requirements
- Vocational Placement Requirements
- Intake Dates
- Career Opportunities
- This course is delivered 40 weeks + 12 weeks of holidays.
- Classes are rostered for 2½ days per week + Self-study component.
- Overseas students are required to be enrolled in a full-time course to undertake study.
For VET courses, a full-time course is a minimum of 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
- Course scheduled days: Monday & Tuesday (full day: 8am-4pm) and Wednesday (half day: 8am-1pm).
It is subject to change. A timetable will be given to students during induction.
- VET courses are a “blended delivery” combining interactive/face-to-face classes, guided research, class group activities, theory research tutorial, project work & research, and independent learning with academic support resources tutorial available.
- Academic support resources tutorial is available on the course scheduled days during school terms at CCEB.
- One on one student support is available by appointment only.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support comprises 13 units packaged as:
7 core units plus 6 elective units.
Students must successfully complete the following units:
|CHCCCS015||Provide individualised support|
|CHCCCS023||Support independence and well being|
|CHCCOM005||Communicate and work in health or community services|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically|
|HLTAAP001||Recognise healthy body systems|
|HLTWHS002||Follow safe work practices for direct client care|
|CHCAGE001||Facilitate the empowerment of older people|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients|
|CHCCCS011||Meet personal support needs|
|CHCDIS007||Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability|
|CHCHCS001||Provide home and community support services|
|HLTAID011||Provide first aid|
Course Entry Requirements
- Applicants are to be over the age of 18
- Applicants should have reasonable computer skills including the ability to use and access to the internet
- English Proficiency:
Completion of CCEB Intermediate level
B1 Level of CEFR – Common European Framework
Vocational Placement Requirements
Completing placement is compulsory for this course.
Students are required to complete 120 hours of unpaid placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
During your course, you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. CCEB may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Applicants will be made aware of the legal obligations CCEB is under to ensure that students can only be placed when they have successfully completed a Federal Police Check and the Working with Children Check (Blue Card application). Also depending on the work placement organisation which accepts students, there may be a request that students undertake the influenza vaccination and additional vaccinations to protect students, residents, clients, and their staff from contracting communicable illnesses. Students will be advised about this by the organisation. Any additional fees are at students own cost.
This will be processed and only once a satisfactory response is received will participants be allowed to commence their work placement.
Tuition Fee: $9,500
Materials Fee: $200
Enrolment Fee: $300
Term payment plans available.
Please familiarise yourself with CCEB’s Refund and Cancellation Policy.
- 12 July
- 5 October
- 24 January
- 18 April
- 11 July
- 3 October
- Aged Care Worker
- Respite Care Worker
- Personal Care Giver
- Disability Services Worker
- Direct Care Worker
- Home Help Worker
- Personal Care Worker
- Support Worker
All information was accurate at time of publication, however CCEB policies, tuition fees and course content are subject to change without notice. Timetable information is subject to change prior to commencement and/or during the duration of your course.